Support & Frequently Asked Questions
Problems With Your Order
- I am not sure what McDSP plug-ins I own. Where can I see my purchases?
- I am trying to make a purchase with your online store and my credit cards keep getting declined at checkout but the provider says it is OK and it works for other sites. What can I do?
Set Up and Installation
- Where do the various VST plug-ins get installed on Windows systems?
- Where are the VST3 presets installed on Windows system?
- I cannot find where to set up a side chain in my VST plug-ins?
- Control your Bass with the 6034 Ultimate Multi-band
- Using the 6034 Ultimate Multi-band on Noisy Guitars
- Drums and the 6034 Ultimate Multi-band
- Programmed Drums and the 6050 Ultimate Channel Strip
- Using the EC-300 Echo Collection on Treated Piano
- Smoothing a synth track with the SA-2 Dialog Processor (NEW!)
- Ambient guitar and the EC-300 Echo Collection (NEW!)
- Adding warmth to a mix with Analog Channel (NEW!)
McDSP HD and Native plug-ins are compatible with Pro Tools, Pro Tools | HD, Logic X, Cubase, Nuendo, Ableton Live, MOTU Digital Performer, Studio One, Sonar, and other DAWs that support AAX, AU, VST and/or VST3 plug-in formats.
McDSP Native plug-ins support AAX Native, AU, VST, and VST3 plug-in formats. McDSP HD plug-ins additionally support the AAX DSP plug-in format, as well as AAX Native, AU, VST, and VST3 plug-in formats. McDSP plug-ins support Mac OS 10.8.x (Mountain Lion), 10.9.x (Mavericks), 10.10.x (Yosemite), 10.11.x (El Capitan), 10.12.x (Sierra), 10.13.x (High Sierra), and Windows 7, 8, and 10.
McDSP plug-ins require an iLok2 or iLok3 USB Smart Key for authorization.
McDSP AAX plug-ins require Windows 7 or later, Mac OS 10.8.x or later, and support Pro Tools 10.3.8 or later, 11.1.3 or later, and Pro Tools 12.x or later.
McDSP AU plug-ins require Mac OS 10.8.x or later, and support Logic X, Digital Performer, Ableton Live, and other AU compatible DAWs.
McDSP VST and VST3 plug-ins require Windows 7 or later, Mac OS 10.8.x or later, and support Cubase 7.x or later, Nuendo 6.5.x or later, and other VST and VST3 compatible DAWs.
McDSP HD plug-ins also support the VENUE S3L and S6L live sound systems.
For some Windows DAWs, 126.96.36.199 plug-ins may intermittently hang on load. To resolve this issue, quit and restart DAW. McDSP is working with PACE to resolve this issue. This is NOT an issue with ProTools or Cubase.