Support & Frequently Asked Questions
Problems With Your Order
- I am not sure what McDSP plug-ins I own. Where can I see my purchases?
- I am trying to make a purchase with your online store and my credit cards keep getting declined at checkout but the provider says it is OK and it works for other sites. What can I do?
Set Up and Installation
- Where do the various VST plug-ins get installed on Windows systems?
- Where are the VST3 presets installed on Windows system?
- I cannot find where to set up a side chain in my VST plug-ins?
- Control your Bass with the 6034 Ultimate Multi-band
- Using the 6034 Ultimate Multi-band on Noisy Guitars
- Drums and the 6034 Ultimate Multi-band
- Programmed Drums and the 6050 Ultimate Channel Strip
- Using the EC-300 Echo Collection on Treated Piano
- Smoothing a synth track with the SA-2 Dialog Processor (NEW!)
- Ambient guitar and the EC-300 Echo Collection (NEW!)
- Adding warmth to a mix with Analog Channel (NEW!)
McDSP HD and Native plug-ins are compatible with Pro Tools, Pro Tools | HD, Logic X, Cubase, Nuendo, Ableton Live, MOTU Digital Performer, Studio One, Sonar, and other DAWs that support AAX, AU, VST and/or VST3 plug-in formats.
McDSP Native plug-ins support AAX Native, AU, VST, and VST3 plug-in formats. McDSP HD plug-ins additionally support the AAX DSP plug-in format, as well as AAX Native, AU, VST, and VST3 plug-in formats. McDSP plug-ins support Mac OS 10.8.x (Mountain Lion), 10.9.x (Mavericks), 10.10.x (Yosemite), 10.11.x (El Capitan), 10.12.x (Sierra), 10.13.x (High Sierra), and Windows 7, 8, and 10.
McDSP plug-ins require an iLok2 or iLok3 USB Smart Key for authorization.
McDSP AAX plug-ins require Windows 7 or later, Mac OS 10.8.x or later, and support Pro Tools 10.3.8 or later, 11.1.3 or later, and Pro Tools 12.x or later.
McDSP AU plug-ins require Mac OS 10.8.x or later, and support Logic X, Digital Performer, Ableton Live, and other AU compatible DAWs.
McDSP VST and VST3 plug-ins require Windows 7 or later, Mac OS 10.8.x or later, and support Cubase 7.x or later, Nuendo 6.5.x or later, and other VST and VST3 compatible DAWs.
McDSP HD plug-ins also support the VENUE S3L and S6L live sound systems.